- I’m married to my best friend, Rachel.
- I help with sales and business operations at GitHub.
- I previously helped manage things at Crowd Favorite.
- I grew up in Colorado, studied here, and imagine us sticking around here. Though, I really like traveling and visiting new places.
- I love to ski, jog, camp, and hike.
- I brew my own beer…
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
- iPhone 6S (Silver)
- iPad mini 2 (2013)
- Sonos (in 6 rooms)
- Apple TV
- Kindle Paperwhite
- PlayStation 3
- Nintendo Wii
- Synology DS213j
- Atom for text editing
- Safari for web browsing at work and home
- GitHub for collaboration
- Gmail for work and personal email
- Slack for personal chat
Professional and WordPress
- Organized the inaugural WordCamp Denver in February 2009 and the subsequent WordCamp Boulder in July 2010. WordCamps are locally-hosted conferences about WordPress.
- Wrote the song and lyrics to It’s Called WordPress and created the accompanying music video.
- Helped host and emcee the “Developer Track” at WordCamp San Francisco 2011.
- Discussed how clients should choose a web developer and/or designer on a panel at WordCamp Orlando 2011.
- Presented on integrating Facebook Platform into WordPress and other Open Source projects at the Facebook Developer Garage Boulder in May 2010.
- Designed and developed the original WordPress theme design and logo for Employee Evolution. I also contributed in the early-days by writing articles for Employee Evolution.
- Helped Noah Kagan organize one of the more successful conferences around social communities called CommunityNext.
- Designed and built many of the default wiki templates and sample wikis for pbWiki in early 2008.
- Worked for two small ISPs from 1999-2001 where I taught myself about Unix, Apache, MySQL, PHP, and supporting customers. I also hacked a lot on IRC bots, scripts, daemons and have hated Perl ever since.
Writing, Fun, etc.
- My brother, Branden, and I appeared on “the show ” by ze frank near the end in June 2006.
- Cited by Freakonomics author and economist Steven Levitt on his New York Times blog.
- Interviewed by the Denver Post about the ‘No Gas Day’ concept in May 2007
- Co-authored and published an article on The Ethical Issues Surrounding Wi-Fi in March 2007.
- Was a member of the now defunct, but very successful, 9rules blog network as early as 2006.
- Listed as an ‘alltop’ blogger for twenty somethings and skiing.
- Interviewed by Mint.com for their personal finance blog.
- Interviewed by Human Resource Executive for their November 2007 issue in the article: The Millenial Mind-Set.
- I like to think that I helped popularize the “biphasic sleep”, (aka “nap”) concept in February 2006.
- Participated in the first StartupWeekend held in Boulder, CO.
- Volunteered as an Editor of the Open Directory Project. I worked up to three third-level categories (most proud: Regional: Europe: Spain) through countless hours of work after school.
- Contributed as a technical writer to the Unreal IRC daemon a very long time ago. Was credited with early contributions to version 3.2 betas.
- Volunteered as an editor for Jeremy Wright’s book, Blog Marketing.