Things I learned at SXSWi 2009Monday, March 16, 2009
Just a few of the important lessons I’ve learned here in Austin.
- Sleep is precious.
- Housekeeping doesn’t know that.
- Companies: Twitter is not the secret to success (nor the end-game); you’re not Zappos.
- People really like BBQ in Texas.
- Gary Vaynerchuk is still a badass.
- But, other cyber celebrities like Scoble becomes less respectable (and relevant) each and every day.
- John Gruber talks the same way he writes: smartly (and hasn’t had to buy himself a drink in 7 years, his words).
- Companies: Despite the “convenience” of the internet, people still love picking up a phone and talking to a smart, capable human.
- Nerd conferences are the only place you’ll see lines for the men’s bathroom but not the women’s.