Howdy! I’m Devin and I help with sales operations at GitHub. I’m a twenty-something living (working, and playing) in Denver, Colorado. I’ve been known to ski, jog, and brew my own beer.
- I’m married to my best friend, Rachel.
- I help with sales and business operations at GitHub.
- I previously helped manage things at Crowd Favorite, a web design and development firm.
- I grew up in Colorado, studied here, and see myself sticking around.
- I love to ski, camp, and hike. I’ve successfully hit a golf ball once or twice.
- I have visited every continent except Antarctica (but, it’s on the list).
- I’m an Eagle Scout (and I thought I would be a park ranger when I grew up).
Professional and WordPress
- Organized the inaugural WordCamp Denver in February 2009 and the subsequent WordCamp Boulder in July 2010. WordCamps are locally-hosted conferences about WordPress.
- Wrote the song and lyrics to It’s Called WordPress and created the accompanying music video (not sure if this is good or not)
- Helped host and emcee the “Developer Track” at WordCamp San Francisco 2011.
- Discussed how clients should choose a web developer and/or designer on a panel at WordCamp Orlando 2011.
- Presented on integrating Facebook Platform into WordPress and other Open Source projects at the Facebook Developer Garage Boulder in May 2010.
- Designed and developed the original WordPress theme design and logo for Employee Evolution. I also contributed in the early-days by writing articles for Employee Evolution.
- Helped Noah Kagan organize one of the more successful conferences around social communities called CommunityNext.
- Designed the original blog badge for Twenty Something bloggers
- Designed and built many of the default wiki templates and sample wikis for pbWiki in early 2008.
- Worked for two small ISPs from 1999-2001 where I taught myself about Unix, Apache, MySQL, PHP, and supporting customers. I also hacked a lot on IRC bots, scripts, daemons and have hated Perl ever since.
Writing, Fun, etc.
- My brother, Branden, and I appeared on “the show ” by ze frank near the end in June 2006.
- Cited by Freakonomics author and economist Steven Levitt on his New York Times blog
- Interviewed by the Denver Post about the ‘No Gas Day’ concept in May 2007
- Co-authored and published an article on The Ethical Issues Surrounding Wi-Fi in March 2007.
- Was a member of the now defunct, but very successful, 9rules blog network as early as 2006.
- Mentioned on the Tom Peters (management expert) blog
- Listed as an ‘alltop’ blogger for twenty somethings and skiing
- Interviewed by Mint.com for their personal finance blog
- Interviewed by Human Resource Executive for their November 2007 issue in the article: The Millenial Mind-Set
- I like to think that I helped popularize the “biphasic sleep”, (aka “nap”) concept in February 2006
- Participated in the first StartupWeekend held in Boulder, CO
- Volunteered as an Editor of the Open Directory Project. I worked up to three third-level categories (most proud: Regional: Europe: Spain) through countless hours of work after school.
- Contributed as a technical writer to the Unreal IRC daemon a very long time ago. Was credited with early contributions to version 3.2 betas.
- Volunteered as an editor for Jeremy Wright’s book, Blog Marketing
My website is open source. Please help improve this page by forking it on GitHub.
Personal website of Devin Reams, sales operations at GitHub.
© 2014. License. Proudly hosted by GitHub. v1.3